Sunshine backstamp

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Diane K

Sunshine backstamp

Post by Diane K »

Hi! I have a #402 red primary colors bowl. The back stamp is the standard 1950s type, but has a quantity of 12 "T" s circling the logo. Is this rare? I've yet to find anything about it in my searches. Any help will be most appreciated! Thanks!
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Sunshine backstamp

Post by Doug D. »

See: viewtopic.php?t=148

By "it's rare" I meant the rose colored bowl and cover, not the backstamp. Hard to say the significance of the circle of Ts, if that's what they are. Some look like a capital "I" when others on the same piece look like Ts. They don't appear confined to a single shape of bowl, but I don't think I've seen them on other than the original multicolor mixers, refrigerator dishes and hostess casseroles, IOW the earliest of shapes. But it is not the earliest backstamp configuration.

The sunshine stamp is also seen on the single red 404 offered between 1949 and 1959, so it has to fall somewhere within that time period.

Probably irrelevant here, but at least for some part of the history of pressed glass molded Pyrex, the backstamp was on a removable slug in the bottom of the bottom mold half. I can see where that would be useful for occasions like the third party Cosmopolitan set, for which some dishes are marked Salton rather than Pyrex, but which were obviously produced by Corning.